Sven is my name, I am a German native speaker and freelance translator and interpreter for the language combinationsCzech/Slovak > German and English > German.
I am living in Vienna and Prague.
Shortly about me: I studied "information- and communication management" at the "Neisse-University". That is an international university and study program in English, which runs at three universities, in three countries: TU Liberec (Czech Republic), TU Wroclaw (Poland) and FH Zittau/Görlitz (Germany). The subjects are a combination of topics from economy, IT, languages and communication. The studies were completely in English, because we students were from different countries, mostly from Poland, the Czech Republic and Germany. You may find a detailed list of all subjects in my Bachelor certificate here on my profile.
Here a short overview of my experiences and projects as a translator and interpreter:
1) agriculture already two times interpreting on a big agro-technical trade fair in the Czech Republic, "TechAgro", in Brno, for the company "AGRAR-bag"
2) medicine a) cooperation on the German translation of web pages about cosmetic surgery b) translations and proofreading for spa towns and companies, for example "Lázně Libverda" or "Asklepion" c) cooperation on the German translation of the pharmacovigilance for a new medical called "Dabigatran" d) translation of doctor`s reports
3) law texts from and about commercial law, contracts and general terms and conditions
5) video games cooperation on the German translation of online role playing games (MMORPG - „massive multiplayer online role playing game“ - „Echo of Soul“ and „Blade and Soul“)
6) marketing and economy cooperation on the German translation of web pages, marketing material and technical information for the company "2N TELEKOMUNIKACE a.s."
7) electronics German translation of the web pages for the company "HOKAMI s.r.o."
Other fields, where I could gainexperiences - as a freelance translator, interpreter and employee - are:
*economy in general (cost estimates, marketing material and material for the customer service, commercial law and contracts) *IT (software, hardware, operating systems, network technologies, localization) *vehicle technology and mechanical engineering (manuals and short descriptions of small electrical devices, rail and commercial vehicles) *civil engineering (refurbishment of 2 supermarkets in Berlin) *freight forwarding (inter modal transports, railway freight shipment, bulk goods)
I like to "play" with mobile technologies, so I know how to set up, troubleshoot, maintain and root Android, iOS and Windows Phone devices. My notebook is dual boot with Windows 10 and Linux Mint (Ubuntu 14.04 and Debian based), and mostly I am using memsource as my CAT-tool.
Have fun browsing, here and elsewhere on the internet! ;-) And don`t hesitate to contact me via mail or phone in case of any questions.